9/23/11

Chalk (short Christian film about standing up for believing in God and challenging atheist professor)


This is a short film about an atheistic professor that challenges his students every semester to question a belief in God, until one semester everything changes.

I believe this is a film version of the famous story that's been passed around. I think it's also sometimes called "The Professor."

I couldn't find this film on the Internet, to buy or view. Maybe it's out there somewhere, but I never managed to find it. I think it was made in the 90's, but I'm not sure. I originally recorded this onto VHS several years ago from when it aired on television on FamilyNet (http://www.familynet.com/). I dubbed it onto DVD and then uploaded it here to YouTube. Sorry about the spotty video quality at times, but hey it came from VHS. I'm so glad I was able to find this and then upload it onto here. It's a little gem. I'm hoping that I'll be able to find some other rare, hard-to-find little gems on my old VHS tapes and upload them here.

God bless. :)

Also, I think there is more than one message to the film: 1) You can claim that you know there is a God or know that there is not a God, try to prove it or disprove it in various ways. But, at the end of the day, no matter what you claim to know and no matter what proof you may try to display if a person is unwilling to believe then they will not believe. It's all about faith. Truth will still be true no matter what. 2) Moral lesson: You should never be ashamed to stand up (for God).

No comments: