1. The Driver
A driver was once stopped by a police officer. He was a good driver and as far ashe knew he had done nothing wrong.The police officer said, “I pulled you over because you were going 60 through a school zone. There were ten warning signs that the speed limit was 15 and you ignored them all.” Just like the driver had ten warning signs, God has given us ten clear warning signs in the Bible. They are called the Ten Commandments. Have you ever told a lie, stolen something or used God’s name as a cussword? If you’re like me the answer is ‘yes’. Listen to what the Bible says:
• Whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. James 2:10 God is saying that by breaking one Commandment we have sinned and will be held accountable for breaking all of them, including adultery and murder.
• God’s judgment for our sin is death. (Banishment to hell because He will not allow sin in His presence). Romans 6:23a
If the story ends here, there is no hope for us…
2. The Convict
An innocent man approached a judge and volunteered to be executed in the place of a convicted murderer. The judge consented. The next day the judge told the convict he had adecision to make.“An innocent man has been put to death in your place. If you will accept his payment for your crime, you are free to go. If you will not accept his payment, you will be executed for your crime. Which do you choose?” Jesus Christ, the Son of God, was sinless but voluntarily gave his life to pay the penalty for your sins and mine. (God’s judgment for our sinis death). Three days later he rose from the dead.
• God showed his great love for us by sending Jesus to die for us while we were still sinners. Romans 5:8
• The gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23b
As a result of Jesus’ death in your place, you have two choices: Receive both God’s pardon for your sins and eternal life by repenting (sensing your sinfulness and desiring to turn from it) and placing your trust in the Lord Jesus. (Acts 20:21) OR Reject both God’s pardon for your sins and eternal life by trusting in anyone or anything other than Jesus to make you acceptable to God, thus bearing the penalty for breaking God’s law yourself.
• Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life,but whoever rejects the Son of God will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him.John 3:36
Knowing about Jesus doesn’t mean you believe in Jesus…
3. The Skydiver
Skydivers demonstrate their belief in their parachutes when they jump from the plane. Followers of Jesus demonstrate their belief in Him when God’s Spirit changes their thoughts and desires.
• If anyone is in Christ, he is a newcreation; the old has gone, the newhas come! 2 Corinthians 5:17
• God says, “I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you.” Ezekiel 36:26
Just as entering a garage won’t make you a mechanic, attending a church won’t make you a Christian. If you would like to receive God’s pardon for your sins and the gift of eternal life, consider a prayer like this: “Jesus, I believe you paid the penalty for my sins when you died on the cross and rose from the dead. I want to turn from my sins and place my trust in you as my Lord. I am willing to follow you the rest of my life. Thank you for the gift of eternal life. Amen.”
• Anyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. Romans 10:13
The desire of real followers of Jesus is to:
• Live a life worthy of the Lord, pleasing Him in every way, bearing fruit in every good work, and growing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10
from On-Tract.com DOWNLOAD this message and other resources indozens of languages. They were created to help you know and follow Jesus. All resources are FREE.We would love to hear from you: firstname.lastname@example.org