8/25/10

the importance of personal freedom and individuality

everyone needs to be their own individual and make their own choices, a person shouldn't be forced into this or into that; i'm not talking about a person going out and committing certain crimes which harm others, but when a person is forced to give to another against their will that is wrong, or when a person is forced to limit their abilities so that others can keep up, or when a person is forced to adhere to certain beliefs rather than by choice than that is wrong, which is why God gives us the choice of whether or not to believe in Him, we must not ever forsake the personal freedom of choice, whether we believe that person is right or wrong, people need to be able to be genuine

The way I approach that as a Christian in this world is that primarily I try to be a good influence in my behavior and lifestyle hoping that others will see how I live my Christian faith out in my life, through prayer, at certain times actually speaking to people about God in some way that I feel led to even if it's just something small, participating in an evangelism group connected through my church, inviting someone to church or some kind of church activity and through other things like Gospel tracts or other Christian material. I also have two blogs on the Internet and I often write about God on Facebook, as most of my posts have to deal with that.

Through all of that I am not forcing anyone to believe what I believe. And you cannot actually make someone believe something they don't want to believe anyway because you can't control that aspect of them and we are not meant to either. I am only displaying to them what I believe and inviting them. And I try to not make anyone feel pushed, just that I'm putting it out there for them.

I try to live my faith out in my life as it is really my whole life because when you put God #1 in your life then everything revolves around Him, not you or anything else. It's all about Him and you allow Him to lead you, guide you in your everyday life through the Holy Spirit inside you and through His Words in the Bible. That doesn't mean that you spend 24/7 praying or in church. It means that you are putting His desires, His will, His word, His principles, His plans for your life as #1 and then living that out day by day. Sometimes we go off course and sin which we should repent of and we can know that God forgives us through Jesus, or sometimes we might do things that aren't bad but it's just not what God has planned for you, and we need to get on the right course. When we say that God is our Lord, that means that He rules our life, He is the master of our life, we are His servants. We make our own choices, as He has given us personal freedom ("free will"), but it's all meant to be in line with His will, His principles.

No comments: