Dear HPN Pray-ers,
Happy belated Valentines Day! We send you our love and appreciation from HPN. Well, it’s a big month with the Vancouver Winter Olympics and the Academy Awards, we have a lot to pray about this month. So, let’s do it…
* We thank the Lord for our awesome LAFSC interns
* Thanks for praying for our friends with cancer
* Keep praying for the 168 Hour Film Festival
* Pray for the nominees for the 2010 Academy Awards
* Would you pray for one person in the media
* Pray for Christians living an alternative life style
* Pray for Denzel Washington and “The Book of Eli"
* Pray for wisdom for the staff of Act One
* Pray for the cast and crew of “Alice In Wonderland”
* Pray for industry professionals who are out of work
* Become an HPN Local Chapter Director
* Join our HPN “I to I” Prayer Partnerships
* HPN's Airdrie, Canada Local Chapter presented HPN to their church
* Check out all of our upcoming events
• We thank the Lord for two awesome LA Film Studies Center college interns who are spending the Spring semester with us. Ceci and Brad, you are making a huge difference at HPN and we praise God for you.
• Thank you for continuing to pray for our industry members who are struggling with cancer. We ask for continued prayers for Michelle, Carl and Bryan, who are all undergoing cancer treatments. They and their families need to feel our prayers.
• Keep praying for the 168 Hour Film Festival. Eighty-three teams are filming this week - making an 11 minute film, based on a Bible verse. Pray that they will meet the challenge of completing their projects with a message that pleases God. And pray that people in the cast and crew are drawn closer to Jesus through this experience. Check out how it’s going: http://www.168project.com
• Pray for all of the nominees for the 2010 Academy Awards: From the 10 nominated Best Pictures, to all the nominees for the Best of everything, go to: http://www.moviefone.com/oscars-academy-awards/nominee-winner. May they feel God’s presence and see these awards through His eyes. May they also feel His comfort and regardless of if they lose or win, pray that they find their identity in Him!
• We would love to have you, our praying community, be more personally involved with the prayers going forth this month. So, would you choose the one person in the media who you are most frustrated with, sick of, disappointed in, or you just don’t like, and pray for the Lord to touch them in some loving and personal way. Pray God’s blessings on them every day this month. And pray that God will reveal His heart to this person and that YOU can see them through His eyes.
• Pray that the Christians in Hollywood will realize that they live an alternative life style! Alternative is such a trendy word and yet the Christian professionals actually fit that definition in our industry. May our alternative lifestyle be one of integrity, humility, grace and unconditional love!
• Pray for Denzel Washington and his openness about his faith as he promotes "The Book of Eli." He is committed to the Lord and talks about seeking wisdom and understanding. Check out one of his interviews at: http://www.screenhead.com/reviews/denzel-washington-talks-spiritual-about-the-book-of-eli/
• Pray for wisdom for the staff of Act One as they are now receiving applications for the summer Writing for Film & Television Program and Producing & Entertainment Executive Program. For more information on this training ministry, click on www.ActOneProgram.com
• Pray for the people who were involved in the feature, “Alice In Wonderland,” which opens March 5th. The Christians we know on the project, were Christ’s ambassadors while working with the whole cast and crew, including Tim Burton and Johnny Depp, whose hearts and lives would be transformed if they could meet Jesus. For a fun trailer go to: http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/aliceinwonderland/
• The industry is really feeling the recession, and many people are out of work. Let’s lift up the industry pros who aren’t working, are struggling financially and scared about what’s next. And may the Christians be available to their co-workers and friends as salt and light, as an encouragement and a source of hope and prayer.
• We are so excited about our HPN Local Chapters. Karen just visited Jacque and Robert Hall in Mesa last month and Cassandra Hollis came to visit from Atlanta this month! Check on our site to see if there is a local chapter in your area. If so, then connect with your local chapter Director and introduce yourself. If not, tell us and we’ll help you start one. Click here to check our list of local chapters: http://www.hollywoodprayernetwork.org/local-chapters
• HPN invites you to join our “I to I” Prayer Partnerships. If you’re a Christian outside of Hollywood and would like to pray for a Christian professional in Hollywood, or if you are a media professional and would like to have an HPN Intercessor, email Gloria@hpnemail.org
REQUESTS FROM OUR LOCAL CHAPTER DIRECTORS:
• Peggy, our Airdrie, Canada Local Chapter Director, presented HPN to her church this past week-end and it was a hit. In fact, one gentlemen said: "That is the coolest, most relevant thing I have heard in a long time." We are thankful for you, Peggy!
UPCOMING EVENTS IN HOLLYWOOD:
• Join us every 2nd and 4th Thurs. of each month for prayer at Hollywood Presbyterian. Feb. 25th anywhere from 2:00 pm - 9:30 pm is the next gathering. If you want to experience prayer, come and be prayed for. Oswald Chambers once said, “Prayer is not preparation for the greater work, prayer IS the greater work.”
• You’re also welcome to a prayer gathering for Hollywood each Wednesday from noon – 2pm, at Hollywood Presbyterian. Or join in praying wherever you are, anywhere around the world. For more info, email Caren@hpnemail.org
• Every other Wednesday night is an HPN Bible study on “How to Become a Praying Person.” Anyone in the industry is welcome this Wednesday, February 17, 7:00 – 8:30pm at the HPN offices. For more info, email Gloria@hpnemail.org
• If you want to receive a daily email to remind you to pray for a media professional and cultural influencer through Mastermeida Intl., then go to www.mastermediaintl.org and click on “Media Minute” button and follow the prompts.
• For other upcoming events in our community, click on: http://www.hollywoodconnect.com/current-events
Thanks for praying with us this month and know that you are making an eternal difference.
Karen, Caren and Gloria
TIP OF THE MONTH:
If you’re a Christian in Hollywood, be sure you don’t have Hollywood N.O.S.:
QUOTE OF THE MONTH:
“Remember Whose you are and Whom you serve. Provoke yourself by recollection, and your affection for God will increase tenfold; your imagination will not be starved any longer, but will be quick and enthusiastic, and your hope will be inexpressibly bright.” Oswald Chambers
VERSE OF THE MONTH:
“Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose imagination is stayed on Thee.” Isaiah 26:3 (RV)