10/9/07

Beulah Land

Isaiah 62:4 (KJV)

"Thou shalt no more be termed
Forsaken; neither shall thy
land any more be termed Desolate:
but thou shalt be called Hephzibah,
and thy land Beulah:
for the LORD delighteth in thee,
and thy land shall be married."

Note: Hephzibah means "my delight is in her." Beulah means "married."

Hi. This is an amazing story that happened to me. I had been feeling very bad lately because I had messed up with God so much. I felt like I've sinned so much, and I felt so lost and confused, and ashamed of myself. I prayed a long and heartfelt prayer, then at night I went to sleep. That night I had several dreams and in one of the dreams there is a man by the name of Big John (who is Oral Roberts, I think, but I'm not 100% on that) that has three sons. One of his sons (the eldest one) has a name that I thought to be either Beluah or Beulah. I didn't completely remember. Later in the dream, a church lady asks me if I remember the names of the man's sons. I stumble over the eldest son's name, but then I remember it. She almost told me it, but I wanted to remember it myself. I remember the other ones easy [Tekiah and Little John (which is ironic because Little John looks like a big guy in the dream and he's riding a John Deere tractor outside)]. Then, later on in the morning, after I had woken up, I went to church to attend a Senior Adult Revival (I am young, but all ages could come so I did). There is a group singing there by the name of the Shiloh Quartet. They were singing songs and sometimes they asked us to stand up and sing out of the Hymnal. We did that a couple of times. After the second time, and after we finished the song, Steve from the Shiloh Quartet suddenly asked us to start singing the chorus of a song. He started singing it. I didn't know what he was singing, but I was trying to go along with it. Then, he sung (along with everyone else that knows the song) "In Beulah Land, Sweet Beulah land" and it automatically hit me that is the name of the person in my dream. I immediately knew that this happened for a reason. It wasn't a coincidence (I don't believe in coincidences). I thought about the lyrics and I immediately knew that God was trying to tell me something. And I feel better. I feel like God is trying to tell me that I'm not lost and he hasn't forsaken me. I know that I've messed up a lot, but it's similar to how Israel messed up a lot but God never forgot her. He is still with Her and He is still with me.

Thank you Father, Son and Holy Spirit for caring so much about little me! Praise The LORD!!

No comments: