4/4/10

It doesn't happen to me a lot, but every now and again I will get thumped by someone who just completely doesn't get who I am and what's really in my heart. They might think that I'm "judgmental" (in a bad way) or that I condemn others (which is not the case at all). Accusations like this offend me as it would a lot of other people. I think to myself, "Have I done something wrong?" or "Are they this way simply because they don't understand what it means to be a Christian?" The thing is, I love God and He is #1 in my life. I believe in the Bible to be the Word of God and that it should be obeyed, God should be obeyed. If I do this then I will be different than most other people in the world. People will like my loving-kindness and honesty, but hate my refusal to participate in certain "normal" activities and be politically incorrect. This is a normal part of living a Christian life in today's society. The Bible says that to be a friend of the world (meaning "worldliness" as opposed to "godliness") is to be an enemy to God. Jesus said that we would face many trials, but to "take heart" because He has "overcome" the world. The Bible says that we have "overcome" the world through our faith in Him. So, I do understand why someone, a non-believer or "worldly Christian," could have issues with someone like me. And, hey, I wasn't always a Christian myself. But, I try to honestly look at myself when someone does have an issue with me. If I've done something wrong then I regret it and try to learn from that in order to correct myself. But, most of the time, I believe that is not the issue. The issue is that I am a Christian and they simply don't understand. So, as Jesus said, "take heart" because you can't go wrong with God.

1 comment:

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

Your right, you can not go wrong when you have God on your side. I just loved reading the posts on your blog. They are well written and very inspirational. I noticed on your sidebar the F.A.I.T.H. outline. When I witness to someone, I like to use it. God bless, Lloyd