4/3/10

The Meaning Behind Easter

When I was a kid, for Easter, we would get eggs and color them. We would eat chocolate bunnies or caramel eggs. Sometimes there would be "egg hunts." I don't remember thinking much about the meaning behind Easter. It's not until the past few years, since I've given my life to Christ, that I can truly appreciate the meaning. Christmas is about the birth of Jesus. Easter is about the death and resurrection of Jesus. Jesus, as God, came to earth in the form of a human being - like the rest of us, only perfect. He died on the cross for our sins and rose from the dead triumphant, so that whoever would believe in Him as their Lord and Savior would be forgiven of all their sins and put into a right relationship with God - therefore being saved. As the Bible says in John 3:16: "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, so that whoever believes in Him should not perish (literally meaning hell) but have everlasting life." I love God so much that He would do this for us. There is nothing more loving and sacrificial than laying your life down for someone you love, and that is what happened.

No comments: