Hollywood Prayer Network Newsletter (november 2011)
Happy Thanksgiving to our HPN pray-ers,
• Praise God for seven ways He is blessing our industry and community
• Praise God for seven of our HPN Local Chapter Directors around the world
• Thank God for screener season
• Thank God for the people who work at Theme Parks across the world
• Thank God for Christians who are producing independent films
• Thank the Lord that some parts of the business are doing well
• Thank God for creative people who also use their art to reach out to others
• Thank God that TV can be used to honor people
• Thank God for the gift of entertainment
• Thank God for Christians who understand how important Hollywood is to Him
• Thank the Lord for his miraculous healing hand
• Thank God that Justin Bieber is a Christian
• Praise God for the many Entertainment ministries that are meeting the needs of thousands of Christians and non-believers through their work. HERE is a link to the list of Hollywood ministries.
• Praise God for the many non-believers who have Christian friends and associates (solid ambassadors) to faithfully teach them about God and Jesus.
• Praise God for our HPN Local Chapter leaders across the country and the world, who are praying with us, mobilizing others to pray and inviting God into the lives of the world’s entertainment professionals. Click HERE to check them out.
• Praise God that there are solid Christians in key leadership, mentoring and decision-making positions in Hollywood.
• Praise God for the growing number of mentorships happening between Christian young professionals and experienced professionals which hold people accountable, encourage and inspire one another and prepare talented believers to be in leadership positions in the near future.
• Praise God that we are seeing miracles in this industry, and experiencing God moving in the world’s most influential mission field.
THANK GOD FOR OUR LOCAL CHAPTER DIRECTORS (These 7 represent the 60+ HPN chapters around the world):
• Peggy Buzzard, Airdrie, Canada – “I would like prayer for more opportunities to share HPN's vision and through that more people to change the way they talk about Hollywood professionals, a shift from gossip to prayer.”
• Zach & Naomi Baliva, Rome, Italy – “We've been asked by a local church to start discussions about teaching a film program or leading a movie discussion group for their young 20s age crowd. Pray for us as we reach out and begin this!”
• Terri and Barry Renfro, San Jose, CA – We praise God that Terri volunteers her time and talent every month be creating our incredible KIDS and TEENS PRAYER CALENDARS, which are prayed over by thousands of people around the world. Check out this month’s calendar HERE.
• Heidi Swander, Twin Cities, MN – We praise God for Heidi’s undying commitment to create our monthly Target Redemption blurbs where our HPN Incognito Team can learn about the background of a Hollywood cultural influencer and know better how to pray for them. Check them out HERE.
• Gladys Colon, Miami, Florida – “The HPN event they had in October was a success!!!! Praise the Lord. Pray as people heard about praying for Hollywood that they would do that!”
• Cassandra Hollis, Atlanta, GA – “Atlanta and the entire state of Georgia is booming with TV and film production. Please pray that God will continue to strategically place Christians in positions in front of and behind the camera to be the light of Christ on set and beyond. Our prayer for Georgia is that God will lift up a standard and that satan will not have a stronghold on the productions made here or anywhere.”
• Samantha Penhale, Omaha, NE – “Pray this over the Omaha Chapter. I will live a God-focused life and pursue intentional community with people who share my passion for restoring the arts to the Kingdom of God, and helping people mature in Christ, in such a way that my time, finances, gifts and relationships reflect these priorities.”
• Let’s thank God for screener season. This is the time of year where members of all of the Unions, Guilds and Academies start receiving DVD’s in the mail of this past year’s films. These are the films that the studios want to be nominated for Academy and Guild awards. We all love this time as free movies come pouring into our homes. But we ask for your prayers as voting members choose what they believe are the best films, actors, directors, costumers, writers, art directors, editors, etc. etc. May the Lord give the voters wisdom and discernment in their choices, as they impact the culture and the careers of the professionals through their decisions. For more info on screeners, click HERE.
• Would you thank God for the people who work at Theme Parks across the world! The employees at Universal Studios, Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, Legoland and other Amusement Parks across the globe, have worked incredibly long hours all through October because of their additional halloween events. The staff runs the regular theme park during the day and these extra events on the weekends. Many people are exhausted heading into the next peak season of holidays, and don't get a break until after the first of the year. Theme park entertainment involves every creative job from technical people to performers and they are often thankless jobs.
• Thank the Lord for Christians who are producing independent films. We thank God for Sean, John, Steve, Allen and other independent filmmakers who pour their hearts and souls into their projects and then trust God that the world can be a little better place because of them.
• Thank the Lord that some parts of the business are doing well. As film revenues drop at most studios and more people are being laid off, Walt Disney posted a 30% boost in last quarter’s net profits, due to their TV channels and Theme Parks. For more information, click HERE.
• We thank God for creative people who also use their art to reach out to others! Two creative people, Steve and Kristen, use art, primarily poetry and photographs, to give hope to the lost in Hollywood. Would you pray for them as you check out their ministry Hope Thru Art on facebook.
• Let’s thank God that TV can be used for such good! The November 3rd episode of "Bones" was dedicated to Emily Maki, a 14-year-old girl, who recently died following a lengthy illness. She is the daughter of Greg Maki who works with HPN member David Endres in Kenosha, Wisconsin. A staff writer is a friend of the Maki family and learned that "Bones" was Emily's favorite television show, so he asked the Producers to dedicate that episode to her.”
• Thank God for the gift of entertainment. A new live Cirque du Soleil show called “IRIS” is playing at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood. It’s an incredible celebration of the history of film, told through the French Canadian circus acrobats of Cirque du Soleil. Each breathtaking moment reminds the audience that God finds great joy in the performing arts. We also thank God for Kristen, a generous HPN member who is offering discounted tickets to “IRIS” through January 22nd. To save 20% off select performances, just click on: cirquedusoleil.com/iris Or use promo code CHURCH HERE.
• Thank the Lord for his miraculous healing hand. Thank him that He has his hand on Lee, an HPN member and agent, who has just begun chemo treatments for his brain cancer. We look forward to how God is going to turn this into good for Lee and his wife, who both love Him and are called according to His purposes.
• Thank God that Justin Bieber is a Christian. With all of the controversial press about the 17 year old Rock Star, Justin’s latest album hit #1 in the Billboard Chart and it lifts up the name of Jesus. Let’s be praying for Justin and his mom Pattie, and asking that they keep their eyes on the Lord and turn to Him for every decision they make and every relationship they’re in. For more info on Justin click HERE.
• This Thursday, Nov. 17th HPN is partnering with Pray 4 California and Hollywood Presbyterian Church to host a prayer walk around Hollywood from 7-9pm. Would you pray with us, if you’re out of town, or join us if you’re in LA as we ask the Lord to heal this city and all the people in it! For more info. click HERE.
• Come to a short film conference and film night on December 2-3 at Azusa Pacific University. To register and find out more click HERE.
• For the other upcoming events in our Hollywood Christian community click HERE.
We’re very thankful for you!
Karen and Caren
TIP OF THE MONTH:
The word “Thanks” is found 100 times in the Bible. To find out where, click HERE.
QUOTE OF THE MONTH:
“Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough.” -- Oprah Winfrey
VERSE OF THE MONTH:
“And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.” Colossians 3:17
This message was sent from:
Hollywood Prayer Network
1763 N. Gower St.
Hollywood, CA 90028
© Copyright 2007 Hollywood Prayer Network
Check out HPN Kids Prayer Calendar for Nov 2011: http://www.hollywoodprayernetwork.org/kids-prayer-calendar