11/5/11

'In God We Trust' Recently Re-Affirmed By House Overwhemingly

I just saw this article on the Internet from the LA Times about how the House of Representatives recently voted overwhemingly to reaffirm the phrase "In God We Trust" that is seen on U.S. monetary. Well, this guy (who normally writes for a magazine called Skeptic, but guest wrote for the LA Times) wrote this ridiculous article about how supposedly dumb of them that was. This guy doesn't know jack squat. I can't believe that most of the comments on there are anti-God. I can't imagine seeing things like that plastered all over my local news. Yeah, maybe some, but not most. It was so annoying to me that I joined the website to comment on there and told him:

If you think that the reason why America is free and has had so much to be thankful for doesn't have anything to do with God, you are sorely mistaken sir. There is absolutely nothing immoral or unreasonable or harmful about using the phrase "In God We Trust" on America's monetary. There is a reason why the House voted overwhelmingly to reaffirm the phrase.

I really wanted to tell him how much of an idiot he's acting like, but I wanted to be respectful. There are a lot of people who read newspaper comments and the L.A. Times is the 4th biggest newspaper in the U.S. with over a million subscribers.

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-shermer-god-20111104,0,877363.story

No comments: