11/1/11

Update: halloween 2011

My experience for halloween 2011: I passed out Gospel tracts to the trick-or-treaters. At first it didn't seem like I was going to get very many. The thought even crossed my mind that I might not get a single trick-or-treater. But, low-and-behold, suddenly soon after 7PM they started coming en masse. The last trick-or-treater was shortly after 8PM. I tried to tally up the numbers, but it was hard to keep track with the rush. I think we got around 60 (! :)), which is really good for my neighborhood. Normally I get only in the 20's, possibly 30's. One year I only got maybe 18 when halloween landed on friday night, probably because of the high school football game (seriously!) which is only a mile down the road from me. Anyway, this year I actually ran out of candy because I wasn't anticipating that many trick-or-treaters. But, it was all good because that only happened toward the end and I still had lots of Gospel tracts (although I ran out of the 'little kid' ones so I used some other ones). Again, I didn't anticipate that many trick-or-treaters, but God really heard the prayers blessed me. I really wanted to do this for His glory and to help others. Of course, I am blessed because of it as well, but my main focus was on God's glory and helping others. Thank you all! God bless. Praise the Lord!!! :) Also, the kids seemed to like the Gospel tracts. I heard one kid say "cool," another kid say something like "It's a candy pack!" and I think I also heard a "Wow." I was so focused on hurrying up to snap up the appropriate-aged Gospel tract to the groups of children that I don't recall every expression that the kids made. I just remember the kids generally liking the Gospel tracts. I think they went away really happy from coming to my house. To be honest, it was probably the best treat of the night for them. I mean, of course it was in the sense that it had the Gospel tract in it, but from a different vantage point it's like they got this really cool Gospel tract that is purposely made to be neat for kids and they got a couple pieces of good candy with it all in one little baggie just for them. I mean, to me that is a great treat. If I was a kid and I was trick-or-treating then I would probably think it was the best house of the night. Obviously, kids think back to what their favorite house of the night was. The only reason why I'm speaking this way is because everything good that happened is because of God. It's all thanks to God and it was all for HIM. Thank you Father, Son and Holy Spirit!.

No comments: