9/5/09

How do I personally deal with non-believers?

I just try to be a voice of love and truth to everyone, plus be prayerful. It's important to not be too pushy, but still make an effort to reach out to them. I can't do anymore than that. If they still don't want to accept God's love and truth then that is their problem. I feel bad for them and I continue to pray for them, but it's not my fault if they won't accept when I've done all that I can do for them.
I also look at it like sometimes they won't accept at first, it comes in little bits like a mustard seed and then God can take that and it can grow and grow and that person can start to become more softened for the Gospel. So I pray for the conviction of the Holy Spirit and for God to help the seed to grow and to soften their hearts for the Gospel and that everything in their life will somehow bring them closer to Him.
Also, for a non-believer my point is to help them realize the Gospel message first, not get into arguments about certain issues within Christianity or whatever. Because to me that is like beating around the bush. I'm trying to avoid foolish controversies and stuff like that (Titus 3:9-11). I try to refrain from that as much as I can when reaching out to non-believers. I also try to think of what I was like before I became a Christian, which wasn't that long ago. I needed to hear the Gospel in love, not someone going around and nitpicking at a particular sin I was doing. That would have just angered and isolated me, not helped me to realize the Gospel message of salvation.
Someone out there on the Internet cared enough to explain the Gospel message on their website. Somehow I was led to that website and that's when I first knew and understood the Gospel message. God had been working on my heart for a long time and I had finally prayed to God to show me the truth, what to believe in. When I came upon that website (which I forgot the name of it a very long time ago) that's when I came to know the truth and the truth set me free. I gave my life to Jesus that night. It wasn't prayer and it was even just being sorry for my sins that saved me. I had already done that and nothing changed. That was just part of it. The thing that saved me was Jesus. When I accepted Jesus that is what changed my life. It is a literal miraculous power transformation and renewal that happens inside of you. It's something supernatural. I've never looked back since. This is why I care so much now about using the Internet as a way to reach out to people. For some people it's their only solid connection to the Gospel message.

No comments: