Hollywood Prayer Network Newsletter (February 2012)
Dear HPN pray-ers,
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! We’ve sent this out a day early this month just to tell you we love you and hope that you have a wonderful day today! We want to pray this month for God’s love to touch all of the people mentioned below, especially the couples! And don’t forget to watch the Academy Awards on the 26th!
• We are praising God for two dear couples from the HPN community
• We praise the Lord for the top two Doritos Super Bowl commercials
• We are so thankful for TWO former Victoria’s Secret models
• All is going well in the growing film center and HPN Chapter - Atlanta
• Pray for this year’s Academy Awards, hosted by Billy Crystal
• Pray for Whitney Houston's family
• This past Sunday, Feb. 12th was the 54th annual Grammys!
• In production is a new one hour TV Pilot, “American Bible Challenge”
• Pray for the nation’s Media and Entertainment industry on Sunday
• Pray for the Christians in Hollywood, to find strength in the Lord
• Let’s pray for these people to find the unconditional love of Jesus…
• Pray the Boys as they produce the “Faith in Film Lounge”
• Pray for our HPN Local Chapter Directors and industry members…
• Pray for the many great upcoming events in our industry!
• We are praising God for two dear couples from the HPN community in Hollywood who have gone through serious health and death issues and are just now coming out on the other side. Please pray for Gloria who just had successful cancer surgery and is home, recovering with her new husband Chris. May the cancer be gone and never return. The second couple, Chris and Jenn, have recently lost two dear friends to unexpected deaths and then Chris survived a life threatening bacterial infection. He is home recovering and asking the Lord to continue healing, renewing, lifting Jenn’s spirits, and refreshing them both with new hope. May both of these couples experience God’s love.
• We praise the Lord for the top two Doritos Super Bowl commercials that were both made by talented Christians! #1 spot was “Man’s Best Friend” (read about it HERE. “Man’s Best Friend” won a million dollars as the Super Bowl Doritos prize winner. #2 spot was,” Sling Baby,”(read about it HERE.) “Sling Baby” was the million-dollar Doritos Facebook contest winner. “Sling Baby was written, directed and produced by HPN members and friends. Let’s pray for Director Kevin and his whole team to make wise choices with their winnings, their careers and their faith.
• God is AMAZING: We are so thankful for a former Victoria’s Secret model Nicole Weider, whom we prayed for last month, and her commitment to the Lord. Continue to pray for Nicole and her husband Eric as she works and ministers in the modeling community. This month we praise God for a recent ex-Victoria’s Secret model Kylie Bisutti and her husband Mike, and her choice to honor the Lord by not modeling for Victoria Secret any longer. Keep praying for Nicole and Kylie as they seek Him and serve as role models for young girls all over the world. For Kylie’s story click HERE.
• “All is going well in the Atlanta Chapter as the film/TV industry continues to boom in our state. We recently launched our Facebook page and also just had our first 15 Minute prayer conference call for 2012. We started doing the conference call in June of 2011 and it has taken our chapter to a new level. We're still praying for more participants to join us on the call, however! Thanks for your prayers for us” - Cassandra
• It’s time for the OSCARS! Please pray for the producers, celebrities, studio executives, writers, directors, financiers and crews of all the films nominated for this year’s Academy Awards. Hosted for the 9th time by Billy Crystal, this year’s Oscars are airing on Sunday, February 26th at 5pm PST on ABC, Quite a few of this years’ films celebrate stories of faith, truth, hope and redemption. This is the biggest day of the year to pray for the Hollywood Film business!! For more information on the show and the nominees, click HERE.
"Please pray for the family, friends and fans of Whitney Houston, who passed away this past Saturday at the age of 48. Whitney had struggled with substance abuse for many years on and off and the day before the Grammy's it became too much. Whitney, who grew up singing her her church, sang her last song, Thursday night at a club. She got up and for just under a minute, sang "Jesus Loves Me." Two days later she was gone. May we lift up those closest to her and those who loved her and ask the Lord to point them to Him in their grief. The rollercoaster life of great fame and then no work became too much for her, as happens so often with celebrities all over the world. For more info, click HERE.
• This past Sunday, Feb. 12th was the 54th annual Grammys! It’s the evening when the world celebrates America’s leading songwriters, lyricists and musicians at its televised awards ceremony. Please pray for the musicians who won awards, and now wonder if that’s all there is. Please pray for those who didn’t win and wonder if they have any significance. This is the most difficult night for artists in the music world, just like the Oscar’s is the most difficult night for actors in the film world. They all need our prayers to discover God’s love, His comfort, and their true identity in Him. For the results of the evening, click HERE.
• A new one hour TV Pilot about the Bible is now in production on GSN - the Game Show Network. It is entitled “The American Bible Challenge.” Let’s pray for Producers Tom Forman and Michael Davies (Executive producer of "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire") as they create this show, “celebrating the Bible in our society and culture.” The contestants play to earn money to support their faith communities! May the show represent positive, intelligent Christians and reflect the truth and beauty of the Bible. For more information on the show, click HERE. To learn what a TV Pilot is, click HERE.
• Please pray for the nation’s Media and Entertainment industry on Sunday, February 26th – the day of the Oscars! Would you join us in praying for God’s blessing on Mastermedia International’s call to begin an annual, national prayer movement to pray on the day of the Academy Awards for the people, projects and the issues coming out of Hollywood that impact the world? You could start it at your church! One idea is to ask your pastor to commission the artists in your church as prophets in our culture, and to bless and encourage artists to seek God as they pursue their career in arts, news media and entertainment. For more ideas on ways to pray that day, click HERE.
• Pray that Christians in Hollywood will find strength in the Lord, to withstand the pressure, competition, loneliness, temptation to compromise, and the frustration from trying to make a living as a creative person in Hollywood. We believe that Hollywood is not only the most influential mission field, but it is also one of the most difficult marketplace work environments. An HPN member published an article describing her life as a young actress in Hollywood. Would you pray for Grace and other young entertainment professionals as you read THIS article?
• Let’s pray for these people to find the unconditional love of Jesus and that He will transform their hearts and their lives this Valentines Day:
• Liam Neeson needs our prayers as he struggles with his faith that got shaken in 2009 when his wife died unexpectedly in a skiing accident. He is now even considering becoming a Muslim. Read more HERE.
• Rich Ross, Chairman of Walt Disney Studios, since 2009, is leading the world’s most famous movie studio at a time where they are in production with the least number of feature films in decades. May the Lord reveal Himself as the God of Love, to Mr. Ross. Read all about him HERE.
• McCauley Culkin, the famous star of the “Home Alone” series and also known for suing his parents for spending all of his millions, is now 31 and not looking well. He has a sad past, and unhappy story and needs to experience the powerful love of Jesus in his life. Read more HERE.
• Pray for the couples and marriages in Hollywood and ask God to fill them up and transform them with His love: Angelina and Brad, David and Victoria Beckham and Will and Jada Pinkett Smith. This month’s HPN Teen Prayer Calendar has these and other couples listed HERE.
• Please pray Mary and Dieter Boy as they produce the “Faith in Film Lounge”during the 62nd Berlin Film Festival, "Berlinale," on Wednesday, Feb. 15th in the Sony Center, Berlin. It’s open to all in the Film Industry who are visiting the “Berlinale.” For more info., email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The “Berlinale” is the world's largest film festival, taking place Feb. 9-19, 2012. It is eleven days of films, films, more films and prizes! Our HPN LCDs are actively involved. May the Lord bless their efforts and give them great strength, vision and fruitfulness during this time. For details click HERE.
REQUESTS FROM OUR GLOBAL HPN LOCAL CHAPTERS AND FROM HPN MEMBERS:
• Click HERE to read and pray for this month's prayer requests from HPN leaders and members.
LOTS OF UPCOMING EVENTS:
• Kathy L. Young and Kevin Deegan are starting a Bible Study for entertainment industry professionals who desire to be better equipped to answer God’s call in Hollywood. If you are local, join them on Sun. evenings (7 to 9 pm), Feb 19-April 29 as they explore James McDonald’s highly relevant study, “Gripped by the Greatness of God,” an 8-week study into the book of Isaiah. For more info. go to: www.hope4hollywoodstudy.wordpress.com or email Kathy at: email@example.com
• Join HPN on Thursday, Feb. 23rd at 7:30pm for a prayer walk around the Kodak Theatre, home of the Academy Awards. We would love to have you pray with us. For more information email Caren at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you aren't in LA that evening, join thousands of other pray-ers from home! We want to see God touch the lives of the top industry professionals that week-end!
• Saturday, March 3rd, is “Change Agent”, a One Day Seminar for Business, Arts & Entertainment and Media professionals. Authors, pray-ers, and speakers Os Hillman and Roh Burhoff want to empower creative industry professionals to live out all that God has for us, at Radiance International in Hollywood. For more information click HERE.
• THE CRY HOLLYWOOD, on March 15th at Universal Studios is a prayer gathering to call on God to move more miraculously in the Entertainment Industry. If you would like to join in praying for our industry, come from 12pm to 9pm at the Gibson Amphitheater, Universal Studios ~ To intercede over Hollywood, to connect and unify the body of Christ and reach out to all of those in media and entertainment. For more information and to register, go to: www.thecryhollywood.com
That’s it for this month. Remember that your prayers make a difference in freeing hearts and changing culture!
Karen and Caren
TIP OF THE MONTH:
The 10 Biggest Myths About Hollywood: http://philcooke.com/hollywood_myths/
VERSE OF THE MONTH:
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, Philippians 2:2-4
QUOTE OF THE MONTH:
A record deal doesn't make you an artist; you make yourself an artist. ~Lady Gaga
QUESTION OF THE MONTH:
Do you shop at Ralphs or Krogers? If so, you can donate money to HPN just by shopping! If you sign up HERE , you can automatically have a % of your bill go directly to HPN, without any cost to you! Would you be willing to help us out without even thinking about it? Thanks SO MUCH!
This message was sent from:
Hollywood Prayer Network
1763 N. Gower St.
Hollywood, CA 90028