5/14/10

A Survey I Took About Prayer (In Touch Ministries)

Thank you for taking the time to complete this simple ten-question survey. Your responses will help In Touch understand how to minister to you and others more effectively in the future.

1. Do you believe God answers prayers? Why or Why not?
Yes, because it has happened to me, and because the Bible talks about prayer; that it's something good that we should do, even Jesus prayed to the Father. It is communication with God and it is part of our relationship with Him.

2. What motivates you to pray?
Because I know that it's important. The Bible says we should do so and because I know that it works. It's part of our relationship with God, communicating with Him. I know that sometimes all I can do is pray if I can't do much else. God is the #1 that I turn to.

3. What keeps you from praying?
Getting caught up in other things, feeling busy or tired.

4. When do you pray?
Different times throughout the day, short prayers. I pray the most when I'm alone by myself, could be any time of the day, but it's usually at night before I go to bed.

5. Do you think prayer influences God?
Yes. I believe that God is going to end up doing whatever He wants to do and that everything is according to His will, but I believe there are times when He allows us to influence what He wants to do. I think it's part of the relationship factor.

6. Do you ever pray with others?
Yes, sometimes. The Bible says that "where two or three are gathered in my name there I am in the midst of them" and that "if two of you on earth should agree on anything it will be given to you by my Father in Heaven." So, although I believe that prayer on your own is powerful enough, it always helps and is encouraging to have more than one, as the Bible also says "two are better than one."

7. What do you pray about the most?
I pray the most about blessings, protection, help, forgiveness of sins and salvation for those who aren't saved.

8. How has God answered a particular prayer?
I usually receive what I ask for. But, sometimes God answers me through a sort of sign, could be anything, but it's just His way of letting me know or confirming something.

9. Can anyone pray?
Yes, of course.

10. Why pray?
Kind of goes back to the first question. I pray because it's communicating with God, it's part of having a real relationship with Him. It never fails to comfort me and it makes me feel better when I do. I pray because the Bible says we should and because it's good. Even Jesus prayed to the Father, and Jesus is our Lord and Savior, and our best example of how to live our lives and worship God. And because prayer works. It also encourages people and can be used as a testimony for others. There are many good reasons to pray.

11. Gender
Female.

12. Age
26

13. Geographic Location
Texas

14. How did you hear about this survey?
Email.

Thank you again for your participation in this survey and your partnership in leading people worldwide into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. If you have anything further to share with us, please feel free to send an e-mail to askdrstanley@intouch.org or contactcenter@intouch.org.

Survey URL: http://msg2svc.net/Jsp/Sv1.jsp?p=intouch&s=1&i=120&u=0&v=n

No comments: