5/30/10

Trials & Faith

1 Peter 1:6-7

So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.

Some trials come to our life because God has brought them. He has brought certain problems to your life, not because he hates you but because he loves you and as His child He is trying you in order to purify you, make you better. Sometimes it's because He's trying to make you see something that you didn't see. There is a lot that can come through a trial in your life. My pastor explained it like this: when you have problems in your life it can make you sin more, certain things come up in your life and that is what happens when your faith is test like fire. The impurities come to the surface, but then God wipes it away. It is a great illustration for me and even though I already basically knew about trials and God bringing certain trials to our lives and that these things only last for a season; it was just the way that my pastor explained it like that it made me feel like more insight into it. I have personally been going through a lot of problems/trials in my life and sometimes I feel like "when's it going to end?" or "why me" or "did I do something wrong, am I making my life like this?" and I get really confused sometimes and don't know what to do or how to look at it. I just keep trying to lean on God and continue to trust in Him despite whatever's going on in my life. Since He is my #1 and because He is completely loving and trustworthy, then I know that I can trust that no matter what happens in my life God is in control and He is here with me, not letting me out of His sight. He hasn't forgotten about me. He's right here. And I've heard it more than once before that it's often when God is "being quiet or silent" with us that He is actually the closest to us.

No comments: