4/14/12

Some great news from Easter Sunday!

via AFA (American Family Association):

Some great news from Easter Sunday!
April 10, 2012

I wanted to share what I thought was an incredible weekend of good news for Christians in America. Not only was it Easter Sunday when millions of Americans celebrated the resurrection of Jesus Christ – that alone made the day special –but then there were at least four national stories which I believe brought glory to the Lord and are worth pointing out.

#1. Pastor Rick Warren did an outstanding job fielding questions from reporter Jake Tapper on ABC’s This Week program on Sunday. Tapper asked Warren some difficult questions – some “gotcha” questions -- which he handled as well as any interview I have seen. At one point Tapper asked Warren whether he believes only those who put their faith in Jesus will reach heaven. "I do believe that. And I believe that because Jesus said it," Warren said. "Jesus said, 'I am the way.' He didn't say 'I'm one of the ways.' He said, 'I am the way, I am the truth, and I am the life.' I'm betting my life that Jesus wasn't a liar." You can watch the full interview here.

#2. Football star Tim Tebow preached to over 15,000 people in Texas Easter morning. He talked about his faith in Christ and also the need for America to return to the God of our fathers. ''First and foremost is what this country was based on: one nation under God," Tebow said to applause. God has truly given this young man a huge platform and the maturity to handle the attention. Please continue to pray for Tim.

#3. Bubba Watson won The Masters - the most prestigious tournament in professional golf on Sunday as millions of golf fans and non golf fans alike watched on television around the world. Watson hit what some observers called a “miracle” shot to set up his win. Watson is an outspoken Christian golfer and he uses his Twitter account - along with his platform as one of the PGA Tour’s magnetic personalities - to share about his faith in Christ. “For me, it’s just showing the Light,” the 33-year-old said. “There’s people who want to put down Christians. I try to tell them Jesus loves you. It’s just a way to be strong in my faith.”

#4. Hobby Lobby once again ran a full page ad in newspapers across the country celebrating Easter. There is nothing commercial about the ad, it’s all about the gospel of Jesus Christ. Check it out here. AFA commends Hobby Lobby for continuing to bring glory to the Lord with these annual full page ads.

It’s rare we have so much good news to share, all happening on one day, Easter Sunday. But I just wanted to pause and thank God for this. For more information on what it means to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ please visit the website www.knowhim.afr.net.

Source: http://afa.net
Blog Disclaimer: I did not write this newsletter. It is owned by AFA.

No comments: